Thursday, August 13, 2009



I'm very excited about October! It's just been announced that I'm going to be one of the special guests at APE this year, which is pretty amazing. APE has always been my favorite convention, I haven't missed a year since I was 16, and I've done almost every sort of promotion, from being on foot and handing out 'zines from my bookbag, to piggybacking at friend's tables, to various collaborations and table-sharings, but this year I'll be debuting my first graphic novel, be signing at the SLG table, and have a panel of my very own. Whew, it's been a fun journey so far!

Right now at SLG studios they have a jazz-themed gallery, and here's the finished piece I did for the show:



I haven't had much of a break since Comic-con, where I did some promotional work for Weird Fishes, met a bunch of great people that I'll hopefully get to work with in the near future, went to one or three great after-parties, attended Awesomecon and got to see The Mighty Boosh live, which was incredible. It was literally a day packed with Boosh: a great panel and a party that basically everyone who's anyone went to, where Bollo and Naboo DJ'd while Vince danced onstage wooing the girls down below. Ahh, good times.


And here's a kitty.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations on your APE spotlight! I love SLG... they do good work... and I look forward to your book. The SLG trailer is nifty!
I, too, will be at the Expo this year. Squid Row will have a booth. I hope to see you there. Smiles, Bridgett of Squid Row.

Tiny Dragon said...

Love the Foxy Hitchhiker and Harold *swoon*...I'd be his trumpet any day.