Sunday, May 03, 2009

Covers!



I finished the cover for Weird Fishes! It took me several weeks to get to this image, after several attempts and lots of planning and sketching. I had to consider how to convey the story in the book with one image, along with the style of art that you'd see inside, along with using color in a compelling way along with an image that would draw in the reader. I think this one does all of that pretty well...






Here are two earlier attempts at the cover. The first one became too labored and not interesting enough, while the second one not well-enough planned to be the cover of the book. I like the second one quite a bit and hope to do some small postcards or something!

Also, I did a portfolio over at Krop that I really like!

3 comments:

BLANK said...

I love the sky in the last picture, but I definitely think your chosen cover is the best for the purpose. (also, I really want that coat and hat now!)

Roo said...

Great job. I really like it. And I agree that about the second earlier attempt. Something should be done with that, yes.

chisty said...

gorgeous. they're all gorgeous.