Thursday, October 04, 2007

The Duke's Bedroom - process




This has been one of the more intensive pieces I've done, finally utilizing every step of the process, from thumbnailing to photo referencing to scanning thumbnails, blowing up thumbnails, drawing over thumbnails, and lightboxing a finished drawing, and then doing all the coloring in photoshop, and even doing inkwork over the photoshop printouts. It never would have come this far if we hadn't been forced to re-work it every week for a month after thinking we were finished with the project. However, after showing this piece to a few pros, composition/character posing issues were brought up and now I'll probably be redrawing it. However, while this process took me over a month to complete, I think it'll go much faster and look better next time. Starting to "see" what I want and how to do it, which is exciting. And also managing to get some nice paint effects in photoshop.

So I'm considering changing the time period for the new bedroom picture.... maybe 1920's flapper fight? I could make a series!

No comments: